Monday, June 7, 2010

Accountability Partner!

It's always a good idea to have support behind you when you start something big!  Having people surrounding you that are cheering you on and celebrating your achievements, as well as comforting your downfalls...what a wonderful thing!  My friend Cheryl decided that's what she needed to start back into a healthy life of exercise, good food, and weight loss....and I TOTALLY agree!  I need it too!  She started a blog requesting all of her female friends to become "Accountability Partners" with her in this quest.  I decided I was so up for the challenge as I have been struggling with weight and weight related issues for a long, long time.  I know it's always easier when you do these things with a partner, or a group of people, even if for no other reason but the emotional support!  But Cheryl's idea was great in that we're talking to one another about things on a daily basis - we have to be accountable to one another about what exercises we did that day, and what bad foods we ate that day, or when we totally fall off the bandwagon and eat a whole cake! ;)  

I'm so energized about this whole idea!  She has a nice small group of ladies now who are committed to helping one another out, and be accountable to one another to keep us each on the right track!  I'm really looking forward to getting to know each of them better and getting into a much healthier way of life.  I have a lot of weight to lose, and it's pretty daunting when I think about it, but I know I can be much more successful when I have a group of people supporting me.  So I hope to add a new dynamic to this blog with weight loss/healthy living/good food posts, to track my progress!  So I look forward to hearing any great healthy food recipes or tried and true ideas for weight loss...I am up for pretty much anything! :)

Thanks, Cheryl, for starting this up - this is going to be so helpful!! :)

Check out her blog - she rocks!   

No comments:

Post a Comment