Friday, May 7, 2010

Thankful for Trials

"We need to thank God for the opportunity to develop character through trials." ~ Arnold Hampton

I heard this in a sermon a couple of weeks ago, and it really struck a chord with me.  I'd never really looked at it in that way before.  I've really made it my own personal motto....I want my attitude to exemplify this.  Life is pretty unfortunate for Luke and I right now.....especially being apart for so long (and it's looking like it's going to be even longer than we first thought it might be) and the fact that Luke's having a huge battle with his work these days over him not coming in to work on the church Holy Days that we observe.  But I know that it can always get worse, and I need to remember that.  We are both so very blessed in a multitude of ways, and I need to be sure I focus on that, not the seemingly countless problems right now.  I know God doesn't put us through more than we can handle, even though some days I feel like I might be at my limit, and I need to remember that it's all for a greater purpose.  I want to prove myself to Him.  I want to show Him that I won't just collapse under these burdens....I'll grow and I'll develop the character and attributes that are important to Him.  And I need to be thankful for that opportunity.

That's my $0.02 for the day - I hope I don't sound preachy.....I just got a lot out of that little sentence, and I wanted to share it and my thoughts.

Have a wonderful day!



"just don't give up, I'm working it out.  Please don't give in, I won't let you down"

No comments:

Post a Comment