Sunday, September 25, 2011

Week in Review - Sept. 17-23

It was a pretty productive week around here - I feel like I got a fair bit accomplished :)  Did I take pictures of a lot of it to include in this highly stimulating blog?  No.  I didn't.  So this is going to be a slow pics week... sorry!

I have been looking for a rocking recliner to use with the baby for quite some time.  There's a lot of regular recliners out there, but it's been a bit difficult to find the rocker kind, especially in my price range, which is pretty much "cheap or cheaper".  Anyway, on Saturday night I found a really great looking one for only $40!!  I immediately emailed them, and thankfully heard back about it on Sunday morning.  So Mom and I headed out for a day of errands and to check out the chair.  It was great, and in awesome condition, so of course we bought it!!

And here it is in my room - Tigger is in love with it.  I think he's been using it more than I have ;)

Mom had a coupon for fleece that we can use for receiving blankets at FabricLand, so we scored on some awesome deals, and some super adorable patterns :)
I had to throw a Canadian one in there, of course ;)  Mom's going to sew the edges for me, and voila, receiving blankets!  Pretty awesome!!

I had an appointment with ICBC this week for them to check out my car - estimate the damage versus the value of the car.  You would be surprised (I was!!) that something like just a door would incur so much damage to the car!  But I guess there was some structural issues as well, and pretty much it all added up to them wanting to write off the car.  Bummer dude.  So anyway, long story short, they pay me off for the car, I give it to them and hunt for a new car.  Which needs to happen sooner than later because I use my car daily!  I'm sure I will have some updates on that next week! Wish me luck!!

Baby Update:
I'm starting my 28th week!!  Can you believe it?  It seems like time is flying by so quickly.  I'll be in my 30th week at the Feast, and then when Luke gets here it will be a VERY short 3ish weeks until my due date!!  That seems to be WAY too fast!! :)  I have to admit, it is starting to get overwhelming to think about it all sometimes.  I know it will all work out, and I have a ton of support, but still... a baby!

I have my appointment with the Diabetic Clinic this week, which I'm actually looking forward to.  I want to get as much dietary info as possible.  I also have my regular doctor's appointment on Friday - Mom's going with me this time, which will be great!  I don't know if I ever explained that my doctor is on a rotation with another maternity doc who happens to be the same doctor who delivered me many years ago :)  So Mom's coming in to see her and catch up a little bit!  Also to hear the baby's heartbeat! lol

I can feel the baby moving so much these days - it's so wonderful!  It's my favourite thing, but I have to admit that I get great anxiety when I don't feel her move for hours and hours!  The other day she didn't move until well past mid-afternoon, and it just stressed me out.  I knew that logically it was nothing, she was likely just sleeping (I guess she does need to do that), but still, it comforts me so much to feel those kicks.  I feel like everything must be okay if she's moving :)  I know that's probably silly, but still....

And now for the weekly installment of "Weird places that Tigger likes to sleep"...

Have a great week everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment