Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 69-82 - WeekS in Review! ~Sept. 3-16~

Who knew I could suck at this posting thing even more!  Now it's been TWO weeks since you last heard from me - good grief :)  It's been a really busy couple of weeks - lots of housecleaning, lots of photo editing (more on that later, it's *finally* done!), lots of appointments, my car got hit, etc, etc, etc.... there are definitely not enough hours in the day!!

First off, probably the worst part in the last couple of weeks - I was at a housecleaning job and one of the people that was doing some work on the house completely backed into my driver's side door!  Not just a little bump either.... I'm talking enough force to push my car away from where I was originally parked by a good 12 inches!

So as you can see, it's a big munch!
The guy who hit me is a local business owner and someone my Dad and brother Dave have both done a lot of work with, so I was happy to know he was honest and when he said he would take care of fixing it, I wouldn't have to worry too much.  He thought it would be as easy as taking it in to the body shop and getting them to replace and paint the door, etc, but it turns out it's a fair bit more extensive than that.  The guy at the body shop (Mike @ West Coast Collision - I will pimp his business any time because he's been super!) gave him an estimate and it turns out we're going to go through ICBC to get the work done.  So now I have an appt this coming week to take it in to the claim center and see what they have to say.  Big bummer dude.

Dad's friend Eric delivered his Bobcat to us a few evenings ago, for Dad to use on a multitude of projects he has planned, including more leveling out of the backyard.
Dad's been having way too much fun learning how to drive it and playing around in it most evenings :)
The dogs have been extremely unsure of the entire process, especially now that their beloved Dad is behind the wheel! haha!

In other news, I have finally joined the Smart Phone world!  We renewed our cell phone contract and Dave, Jordan and I went with smart phones this time around.  I got the Samsung Nexus S, and am very happy with it so far!  I've had it for a little less than a week, and had a couple minor issues with it in the first couple days, but it all seems to be fine now.
I got a great Case-Mate Pop case for it too - great hard plastic case with some rubbery elements as well - makes it very much fit like a glove!

Jordan and I have been working like crazy on editing Crystal and Darrel's wedding photos, and I am super happy to say we are DONE!  Finally, eh?!

All of the finished photos can be seen HERE - Yutzy Wedding!

BABY UPDATE:
So much has been going on with the little one these days - I've been having more tests and appointments lately, which is a bit difficult to fit into my already hectic schedule.  I had to go in for my gestational diabetes test (a two hour test - ugh!), and yup it turns out I do indeed have it.  I've been scheduled for an appointment at the Diabetic Clinic so they can go over things with me and see if I can control things with diet alone, or if I need medication or anything.  I'm really hoping to be able to control it with diet obviously, but I really just want what's best for me and baby, so if that means I need to do meds for the next 3 months, then so be it.  I've done a ton of research and tried to learn as much as I can about what I should and shouldn't eat, and have been implementing that diet for the past couple of weeks, and I'm *feeling* a lot better at least!  I'm hoping that it's a step in the right direction anyway - I'm feeling like this can only be a good lifestyle change in the long run anyway!
I also had to go in to see my doctor for a quick blood pressure check.  I suppose I was stressed at my last appointment a few weeks ago because it was pretty high!  So anyway, they were a wee bit worried about that, so I've been checking it at home with Dad's meter, and it's been really good.  Then when I went to the doctor, it was the best it's been my entire pregnancy!  What?!  I thought it would still be on the higher side cause now I was thinking and stressing about it!!  Anyway, it's all good - one less thing for me to have to stress about :)

Now for the fun stuff!  Baby Clothes!!! :)  One of Luke's coworkers just blessed us SO much with some of her baby girl's clothes that she's grown out of!  Enough that I am going to have LOTS to send to Sacha for her sweet little Emma who is due in October :)  I'm so very excited and feel so blessed by it - what a sweet gesture!

Luke's Mom's been going through all of his old baby stuff too, and she's come up with a number of awesome blankets that she and Luke's great-Grandma made for him when he was a baby :)  And some clothes that will totally work for a little girl too! One of the blankets is obviously very pink, because she didn't know if she was having a boy or girl, and so made one for both genders :)  So this one's totally "new"! :)  So sweet!
Too cute!!
Luke's also been guilty of buying for the baby, which honestly makes my heart just so full every time I think about it :)  Thinking of him going into a store and specifically looking at teeny tiny adorable baby girl clothes - seriously, that has got to be the sweetest thing I can even think of :):):)  And he's come up with some awesome stuff!
What a sweetheart :):)

I also took my first "baby bump" photo a couple Saturdays ago...just in case some of you haven't seen it yet ;)
This was at the start of my 25th week... wow how time flies!  I'll try to take another one in maybe a few weeks or so.

Also for Alina's viewing pleasure....
Tigger finally found a spot where no one could almost sit on him, move him, shove him over, etc :)  Poor cat! hahah!

Whew, I can't really think of too much else that's been going on this week - nothing worth writing on here anyway!  The car issue, all the variety of baby appointments and the seemingly endless housecleaning jobs and projects at home have made life very busy!  I'll try to be better about posting at least once a week though!  I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment