Saturday, September 17, 2011

3 Months!

Today marks the "I only have 3 months left until my scheduled due date" day! ;)  Terrifying, exciting, scary, exciting, overwhelming.... did I mention exciting?  It hits me sometimes that this is it... in just a few short months there will be a 3rd person to our little family.  There will be a baby around... all the time.... we can't give her back to anyone ;)  Sometimes it is very overwhelming!

But I also can't even put into words how excited I am!  We have so many things planned, so many things we want to do... I know I already have so many photo ops floating around in my head! :)  Mom already has so many knitting and sewing projects planned!  It's gonna be amazing :)

A couple of quotes that have had an impact on me in the past couple of months....
This one came from a good friend - thanks Sue!:

"Here's to Good Women:
May we know them.
May we be them.
May we raise them."

That hits me hard every time I think about it... we get to be solely responsible for raising this tiny person.  Scary, and very intimidating!  However, I think we're up to the task... with as much help as possible :)

I got this other quote off of a beautiful baby photography website:

"The moment a child is born,
the mother is also born.
She never existed before.
The woman existed, but the mother, never.
A mother is something absolutely new." 
~ Rajneesh

Now for a memory that I definitely don't want to forget ;)  When Luke was here for the summer he would sing this song to me all the time.... making it absolutely impossible to get out of my head at any given time.  Beware, it is SUPER cheesy and ridiculous! :) Hahaha!  But really, if you know Luke you know that this is perfectly normal, and that really the translation of "fromage" should indeed be "Luke Nelson" ;)


Try getting this out of your head... I dare you ;)

Edited to add:  I *just* realized I have now started my 3rd Trimester!  27 weeks and counting!! Woohoo! :)



1 comment: