Monday, November 1, 2010

Bras on Broad - Breast Cancer Awareness!!

I've known a few amazing, wonderful and brave women who have survived Breast Cancer, so awareness of this disease holds a special place for me.

107.3 Kool FM, here in Victoria, has a fundraiser (or more like a bra-raiser) for breast cancer awareness.  Anyone could drop off new or gently-used bras to their station in Victoria, and once they've finished the donation process at the end of October, they donate the bras to Women in Need.  But before they do, they decorate their building, and the street that they're on (Broad Street) with all of these bras!!  It's quite the sight!

Alina, Mom and I had a shorter day on Friday, so we ventured down to see the festivities :)


Kool FM had their lobby open, with even more bras on display, and some treats from their sponsors.  So as we were venturing in there, a lady came up and asked me if I could take her groups photo.  There was a contest going on for the most bras donated by one office, and they had won!  They were a government office and had donated almost 450 bras!!  So I was happy I was there to take their photo :)  So here's some happy people:


Here's a few more shots of the bras, and of course Alina and I had to pose in front of the bras!

**** Feel yourselves up, Ladies!!!! *****

No comments:

Post a Comment