Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Baby Update!

I went for an Early Assessment ultrasound yesterday, to determine exactly how far along I am (I have a history of PCOS which kind of confuses things...) - I found out that I am 11 weeks along!  Alina was able to come with me and we saw the baby and heard the heartbeat :)  Ali was able to get a video of the heartbeat and sent it to Luke - so great having such technology working for us!!  We even saw the little 4 cm long baby hiccuping and moving around - it was absolutely amazing :)

I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to get pictures, but they gave me a few, so I wanted to share a couple on here....

You can sort of see the head on the right side, and the spine curling around to the bent legs :)

You can see the feet down there!! :)
That's the hand right there by the head - the ultrasound tech wrote the message - so cute :)

So that's our little wee one!  Pretty exciting eh?!  It was really amazing hearing the heartbeat and seeing it move around and actually have things like a stomach and feet and toes and fingers!  It definitely makes things way more real! :)

I had heard of this great product called a BellaBand, which essentially is a tube of ultra dense stretchy fabric that you can wear over your pre-pregnancy clothes to help you wear them much, much longer in your pregnancy.  You can unbutton your jeans and wear the band over them and it just looks like you're wearing a tank.

Click HERE for a link if you're interested.... They are much more expensive in Canada (as everything seems to be - grrr!), but I found a used one on UsedVictoria for only $10!  And it was even in my size!  Score!!  I was very happy about it :)  I'm not really showing yet, and still comfortably fitting into my clothes, but I know that will change fairly soon here.  So i was very happy with that purchase ;)

That's about all for now I guess.  My Doctor is booking my 18 week ultrasound for early to mid-July (while Luke is here, yay!!), and then I can go for my gender assessment ultrasound soon thereafter.  They don't tell you in the 18 week ultrasound here anymore - they make you pay for it at a separate appointment!! Very annoying.  But I will hopefully be able to get both of those done while Luke is here, which would be wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment