Sunday, August 15, 2010

An Update! It's been awhile.....

Hello!
It's been forever since I've updated this blog....I had been trying not to spend my time on the computer while Luke was here.  So when Luke left I had a bunch of photos to edit and I wanted to do a big long update blog :)

So first things first, I never uploaded any of Alina and William's engagement photos!  We spent a day downtown at various locations and I think Jordan and I both came up with a lot of great images :)  Enjoy!
Aren't they adorable?!  I know - it's sickening ;)  

So, some very exciting news for Jordan and I.....we both got a piece of our artwork accepted into the show!  And we both sold our pieces!! :)  Pretty awesome eh?!  We're very excited about it!  We were also able to submit some art cards to be sold in the gift shop, so we made a little extra money that way as well :)  This is the photo I submitted that got accepted:

And this is the Artist Bio that I made up for the show...I was pretty proud of it:
These are the other 2 photos I submitted:

Luke and I had a really fun day trip up to Coombs, BC to see the Goats on the Roof market :)  It's this great little town and a wonderful little market.  The goats have been living up on the roof as long as I can remember.  We then drove to Rathtrevor Provincial Park so I could show Luke the beach.  When the tide's out the sand is over a mile out and you can still walk so far out into the water before it even gets to your knees!
These were all taken at the summit of the Malahat - that's Mt. Baker to the left on the last photo.
This is the worlds largest hockey stick and puck! :)  It's only fitting that we own it up here in Canada!
Goats on the Roof!! :)

We had such a great day :)

We went camping up at French Beach for about 5 days....it was wonderful!
We saw a bear on our way up there!  Right around the corner from the campground....I was a teeny bit worried about that ;)

Luke and I were able to spend a long weekend up in Parksville - it was a wonderful time!  We stayed at the Pacific Shores Resort & Spa - it was gorgeous! We spent the day on the beach at Rathtrevor on Sunday and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  However when we got back to the hotel I realized I got SO burnt on my back...it was the one place I guess I missed with the sunscreen.  It hurt SO badly for at least a week afterwards.  When we got to Rathtrevor the tide was soooo far out, so we set up fairly close to the water and had to continue moving farther back a few times as the tide slowly came in throughout the day.  As the day was winding down we moved all of our stuff wayyyy back from the tide line and went out into the water for a swim.  I kept looking back and checking on our stuff and at one point I realized there was a group of people standing right where our stuff was....this was concerning!  I realized they were waving at the water, and then I realized they were waving at US!  So I started heading in as quickly as I could, which isn't as fast as one would hope, trying to run in the water!  I finally got all the way back in to our stuff and I discovered that the tide had come in SO fast and started to wash  it up!  The people around our stuff were trying to bundle it all up for us and were waving us in.  They were such a huge help!  They helped me move all of our stuff way back until Luke was able to come back and help me.  In the process I lost a flip flop, but in perspective that's really not too bad ;)
This was the view from our balcony the afternoon that we got there.....
....and this is the same view the next morning!  The tide is so far out! :)
This is the other side of the resort.

And now just some randoms of us and our adventures (mildly speaking of course) in the past month or so....
This is us in the motorhome that sits in my parent's driveway....we had too many people staying in the house so we were sent out to the motorhome :)  It was nice to have a little place to ourselves though!
Jogging buddies!
We got to hang out with Dave and Tara!!! yay!! :)
The Sookes of Hazard! :)  642 baby!

So Luke left on August 4th, and I have been missing him so much ever since.  I sure love him a lot and miss him like crazy.  We're contacting the local congresswoman in Luke's area to see if they can help us figure out what's going on with our package.  I hope to have some news on that front in the very near future!!! :)

Thanks if you read all of this :)  I'm hoping to keep this blog a lot more updated from now on! :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad that you got to spend all of that time with Luke! I must know where you/he got his Schrute Farms shirt! Did you make it??? It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete