Friday, January 29, 2010

A beautiful January afternoon....

Luke and I went to visit with Larz, Wendy,  Roman and Gianna last week, to say goodbye before I leave.  I've been babysitting for Roman and Gianna, on and off, for the past year and a half or so.  They're family by marriage (Luke is their cousin), but they are most definitely my family!  I love them :)  I'm sure going to be sad not to see them for 8-10 months - kids grow a lot in that period of time!  But I'm going to try and stay in touch as best as I can.

 

After our visit with the kids, we stopped in at Kendrick Lake Park, out near Jewell Ave & Kipling in Lakewood.  It's a great park!  There's a 1 mile paved loop around the lake, which is great in the summer...but we just walked a little ways to a small bridge overlooking the lake.  I had been wanting to get some nice shots of Luke and I before I go.  I'm talking planned shots, not arms length shots...drag out the tripod and be creative in some way! :)  Here's some of my favourites:  

 


And a shot of the lake:  


All in all, it was a wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment