Sunday, January 24, 2010

Adventures on Loveland Pass

Luke had an overnight field trip up to Arapahoe Basin to take a group skiing - they were providing a hotel room for him and everything!  So I decided to drive up later in the day and meet him!  It's almost like a paid vacation ;)  He only had to drive the kids a little bit, so we had most of the day together, which was great.  Arapahoe Basin is along Loveland Pass, Hwy 6, near Frisco, Colorado.

Luke's computer was being delivered on Thursday, so I arranged with our neighbour to pick up our packages.  But according to UPS and Fedex, they left them on the porch!  So I had to deal with the packages before I left,  which meant I got up to Frisco kind of late....which meant I had to drive over the mountains in the dark, which I was not too excited about!  But I made it just fine...and the car did great, I was impressed :)

We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Frisco, CO, which was a fairly short drive from where the kids were skiing.  We headed out in the morning on Friday and took a drive up Loveland Pass, stopping everywhere we could to take photos (Luke is so patient with me and my need to stop all the time!) .  We stopped at Arapahoe Basin and took some shots of the people skiing, and then once we got to the summit, we took  photos of each other at the Continental Divide sign.  It started snowing shortly after we got through the pass, so I decided to head home a little earlier than planned.  But it was a wonderful time!  It was great to be with Luke - I didn't want to spend the night away from him when I'm going to be away for so long already.  



This was the view outside our hotel room - it was gorgeous!

Luke needed to put chains on his bus for the drive back up the mountain later that day, so I took advantage of the opportunity to take his picture doing it :) 


1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun Kristi - and some good pics too!!

    ReplyDelete