Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The tale of the missing "R"....

So, about a year and a half ago, I stupidly had laid a book on top of my laptop keyboard and somehow managed to pop off my "R" key....very frustrating! I tried and tried to get it back on, but Luke eventually figured out that I had snapped off a teeny tiny little piece of the harness that holds the key in place. So we ordered a replacement key off of Ebay - once it got here we tried and tried to get THAT key on.....with no luck whatsoever! So for the past 18 months or so....possibly longer....I've been typing my R's by tapping my finger on the missing spot and sometimes getting no r's and sometimes getting multiple rrrrrr's! So ghetto and so frustrating!

Well, I get home yesterday and Luke asked me to get on my computer and look something up for him. The weird part is, he asked me to go to Flickr, which he never really asks me to go to....so I hit the tab on my browser that has my most used links and I go to Flickr. I'm waiting for it to load and I glance down at my keyboard, and I see my missing R key!!!! The sweetness had bought me a replacement keyboard off of Ebay and had it shipped here and installed it without me knowing :) What a guy! He had wanted me to go to Flickr because obviously it has the R in the title....but I foiled his plans by just clicking on my tab! LOL!

Anyway, now I am the proud owner of my very own "R" key, and a whole new set of other new keys....it's like typing on air! haha! I've come to realize that it really is the little things that matter in life....it made my whole day to realize Luke had bought me an R key :) He really is the sweetest guy ever. He would give me the world if he could, but little does he know that it makes me smile so huge when he does something little like buy me a new keyboard. He knows it's been driving me crazy and it was just so sad looking!
It really is the thought that counts :)

I love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment