Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Russian Apricot Chicken Recipe

I was part of a recipe exchange a few weeks ago, and a friend of my MIL's sent me this one - it gets two thumbs way up from me!  I thought I'd share it with you, as my whole family liked it a whole lot.  I'm naming it Russian Apricot Chicken....it may have originally had another name, but this seems to work for my purposes :)

Russian Apricot Chicken

  • Chicken (I used thighs, but you can really use whatever you have around, or if you prefer light meat you can use breasts, etc.  I had about 18 thighs in my pan....I really didn't pay much attention to weight!)
  • Russian Salad Dressing (I used one large bottle, roughly 500 ml)
  • Apricot Jam - approx 10-12 oz (300ish ml)   (Mine was just a no name brand, and I was very approximate on my measurements)
  • 1 package of Onion Soup Mix
Mix the Russian dressing, Jam and Onion soup mix together.  Place chicken in a pan (I always put parchment down in my pans - makes for almost instant clean up!), pour the sauce over the chicken. 
Cook at 350 for approx 40 mins.  
I served mine with rice, and spooned the sauce over the rice.  

All in all, this heads right to the top as one of my new favourites!  The sauce has an almost asian taste - it reminded us of a not-so-sweet sweet & sour sauce.  Dad mentioned that it would be delicious as a part of a stir fry, or a beef/rice/tomatoes type dish.  It's one to experiment with for sure! 

I hope you enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment