Saturday, November 19, 2011

Happily Ever After...

Well, it's official....    Happily Ever After can start now, because LUKE IS HERE!! :):)

First of all, let me show you what I did to our room :)  I made it into a little bit of a Canada explosion!  Because how often does this event happen??  Only once in our lives, I can guarantee it!!  So I went to the dollar store and bought all sorts of ridiculous fun Canada stuff and made our room into a very welcoming place for a newly landed immigrant ;)

The Canucks poster was actually hanging there for months, HA!  I left it because it obviously fit.... and yes, I am apparently a 12 year old boy with a Canucks poster on my wall! :) hahaha!  The Welcome Home Luke sign would eventually get hung on the outside of our front door.
The Canada coloured blanket was knitted for our baby actually :)  One of the parents of some of Luke's school bus kids found out we were expecting a few months ago and knitted that up for us - so sweet.  But of course it worked perfectly in this situation!
This is of course from that famous Molson beer commercial - which you can see right HERE - it's the best :)
I goofed a little bit on this one - this was the number of days that we waited until we found out that he had been approved.... I forgot to add in the days that we were apart since the Feast.  But the sentiment is there nonetheless ;)
This is just a cheesy lovey dovey one :)
Welcome Home!!!!!

I also made what I am calling a Canada Starter Kit for Luke as well - as if he's not familiar with our country or something ;)  But I bought a whole bunch of stuff that was just stereotypical Canada, and some that's only found in Canada and presented him with it on his arrival ;)
Okay, starting at the top left - Ruffles Au Gratin potato chips (his fave, and he can't find that flavour anywhere but here apparently), a Canada flag which I presented him with at the airport, a Tim Horton's card so he can get some Iced Caps anytime he wants, Smarties (the true Canadian Smarties...only available here!), the tupperware container holds some Nanaimo bars, and on top of that is a Canada magnet with a beaver (had to have the beaver!), the Smarties lay on top of a box of Butter Tarts (pure and simple Canadian food!), and some Canucks socks.  I found the Canada toque in Winners and was sooo excited!  All of this went inside a President's Choice reusable bag from Superstore (Loblaws in other parts) - being that we are Cdn and super into our no name brands AND recycling ;) hahaha!

I arrived at the airport just as Luke's plane was landing, but I knew I had a good wait because they only have a small handful of customs agents to process the plane full of people, and a permanent resident landing would take too long for them to do while there were others waiting.  I come to find out later that Luke let everyone in front of him in the line because he knew he would be waiting until the end anyway (what a polite Canadian - I bet he said sorry to all of them too!  My kinda guy ;) hehehe!)  So I'm waiting, and waiting, and  waiting.....  and I knew there was nothing to be worried about - how would we have problems at this point!?  But my anxiety was still rising and rising as more and more people came throught :)

About an hour later (I was pacing at this point), a very nice customs agent came out and said "Who's here for Luke?"  me, me, pick me!!  He told me that he was doing his landing right now, and that he would be out in just a few moments - he just didn't want me to worry :)  AWWWW!!!  I found out from Luke later that they were all super nice and helpful while they did his landing, and they even said "Welcome to Canada"!  This makes me so very happy :):)

I FINALLY saw him pushing his massive bags through the doors, and my heart swelled and I was SO excited and so SO happy!

I presented him with a million hugs and kisses and his flag and a Canada pin, and then asked a very nice lady if she could take our photo, which of course she did :)
I don't think we could smile any bigger!!!

And wouldn't you know it, on the day Luke arrives to the True North, it's snowing :)  So we got to battle some snow on the way home, and I took a photo of him by his welcome sign...

And that's it!!!!  We get to now live happily ever after, forever and ever together :):)

Thank you so much to everyone who has prayed for us, and sent us positive thoughts through all of this.  We are incredibly blessed and so incredibly thankful to have this all behind us.  What a wonderful way to welcome our baby girl into the world, with a little stability!! :)    I will of course keep you updated on all the new adventures and fun times that I'm sure we'll have now that we're together :)

And in parting, I will leave you with a video of the song that Luke sang in the car on the way home :)

No comments:

Post a Comment