Friday, July 29, 2011

Day 33 - The Hunger Games Trilogy

I had never heard of these books until recently when I read an article about how they are being made into movies.  The idea behind them sounded very different, so I was intrigued!  We were housesitting last week, and I was very excited to see that they had the trilogy, so I devoured the first book in a day and a half (I could not put it down!!).  I would have jumped right into book 2, but they took it with them on their vacation (how dare they), so I hunted high and low for it in the library, and saw that there were sooo many requests for it in the queue, that it would be months and months before I got it - major bummer!  Well my sweet husband saw that they had all 3 books at Costco, so he bought them for me as a surprise!  What a guy, eh?! :) 

I'm definitely enjoying the books - they are different, so won't be for everyone, but I can see how they will make a very interesting movie!

1 comment:

  1. I just finished those books as well. Very good! I didn't know they were going to make a movie out of them.

    ReplyDelete