Tuesday, February 2, 2010

how do you say goodbye?

I don't have an answer to that.... I'm at a loss for words when I look at these pictures, because it was the saddest day that I've had so far in this lifetime. Our eyes are so puffy because we cried so much that day and the day before...I couldn't go a minute without breaking down. I had a panic attack when we got close to security and he had to leave me. My throat literally felt like it was closing - I didn't know how I could possibly look at him for the last time and say goodbye. How was I supposed to kiss him for the last time...how was I supposed to do that? It was utterly horrible. I couldn't touch him enough. But I also couldn't be late for my flight....so at some point he had to go. It was probably the longest day ever....i still have a headache thinking about it. 

  

I got into Seattle earlier than expected, so I killed time with the free wifi and talking to Luke on the phone and on the computer....that's something we have to get used to again! And then of course, to extend the already longest day ever, my flight to Victoria was delayed. I eventually got in safe and sound, but then we ran into further delays on the highway due to an accident. By the time I got to my family's house, I was so done. I was so exhausted and drained and just done done done. I was so excited to see them and be surrounded by people I love, but I was mentally and physically drained. And I know I might sound a little overboard...I know there are people that go through much much worse. People who have their husbands and wives and children off at war...people who lose their family to sickness....but this is the worse *I've* been through with Luke. We've had some health scares and issues, but I've always been there by his side. To not have him beside me just kills me. My heart is so empty without him here. I miss him so much already.

No comments:

Post a Comment