Friday, May 18, 2007

Moving to COLORADO!!

It's been a little while since I posted on here - life gets way too stressful and busy!

As you can see by the title, Luke and I are in fact moving to Colorado on July 2nd....but don't worry, it's only for a year! It's a very long story that has to do with Luke's immigration to Canada. The basics are:
  • If we file for Permanent Residency (PR) status from within Canada, Luke wouldn't be able to work until it was all completed and that could take up to TWO YEARS!
  • If we file for PR Status outside of Canada (i.e. Colorado), Luke would be able to work and the paperwork could take as little as 6 months and possibly up to a year.
  • Luke could make a lot more money working in the States than I could as the only income here in Canada.
  • Moving is the best of two sort of crappy options - we don't want to move away from my family but we will get to spend a great deal of time with Luke's family in Colorado which will be great!
So that's the long and short of it really. We'll most likely be gone about a year once everything gets finalized and of course we're hoping for fast processing times through the immigration officer that gets assigned to our application! :) It'll be an adventure - we're trying to make it as fun as possible! We're going to drive down there - so that'll be very interesting. I don't think I've ever been on that long of a road trip - but I do like road trips, so it should be good. I'm excited about living in the States for a year - experiencing a Colorado Summer and Winter! It'll also be really nice to get to spend so much time with Luke's family and extended family and friends, etc. Plus I think Luke's excited about getting back behind the wheel of a schoolbus again! :) All in all, it should be good....it'll be sad for sure, but we do have all the modern conveniences such as internet, webcam, free long distance, etc so that I can keep in touch with my family!
I'm getting excited about it....but get back to me on that a few days before we leave! I'll be a mess :)

No comments:

Post a Comment